14.5.09

getting punched in the face part #1

so as suggested by Jake i am writing a three part blog for this moment in my life... getting punched in the face. it's going to go like this.
Part #1 (this one) explaining the reason for the three parts and a chance for me to express my "before" emotions and thoughts.
Part #2 video of me getting punched in the face (your stoked right? y'all are gonna get to see it!) Part #3 my after thoughts on the matter.

so...
people have all been asking me the same question: why? why on the good Lords' green earth do you want to be punched in the face? well, the answer really is very simple, i just want to. that's it, there is no hidden meaning behind it. I'm telling people who aren't accepting that answer that it's like a right of passage thing for me, that i feel that everyone should have the right to their own "when i got punched in the face" story. but really it's as simple as i just wanna.
see, i like to experience, in reason, everything. Nothing that would break the commandments but anything that i can do I'll do it, because i like to take advantage of every opportunity i get. but some times people, while on their current course just don't get certain opportunities, for example, i will most likely never get to swim in the Nile. however, though that may never be an "opportunity" i can change my current course to accomplish that goal if it's that important to me, by booking a flight, becoming a professional digger person, ext. (personal philosophy of mine that i have about people in general is this: if it's really that soul burningly important to us, we will actively or subconsciously make it happen)
now at this point you might be saying, "Amanda, you are so crazy. what does all this crap have to do with getting punched in the face?" well, i don't think that i am the type of person to get punched in the face. i hate conflict, I'm not a boxer, i don't pick fights and as far as i know there is no one that dislikes me enough to actually punch me and i want to be punched in the face. so i am changing my course, i am making an opportunity for myself. because ladies and gentle men, the simple truth is this; some people wait for opportunities to be given to them and others make opportunities happen for them. plus for some reason, though i know it won't, i think that my face will break, so just to reassure myself that it won't i'm gonna do this.

1 comment:

  1. Love the "some people wait for opportunities to be given to them and other make opportunities happen for them". Amanda my dear, you inspire me. Can't wait for part #2 and #3 to see if it really was what you thought. :)

    ReplyDelete