27.2.09

today when i got dressed i was in a good mood, and i wanted to wear color. so i wore my very bright robin blue jacket, my bright blue flower headband then all black with some fun patterned stockings that are about on par with fishnet stockings. i felt nice and festive, and i seemed to be putting smiles on peoples faces. Kim at the nail salon said it looked nice, Jake my boss, gave me a funny look, but he seemed to be amused. then later that day as i went to cash my check the male teller was "very" nice to me, he asked me what my plans where because they looked like fun, and though i was in a hurry we chatted a little longer than normal. this is when i thought to myself, "i must look really good today in blue!" i was going to Helena's birthday party so i was picking up the gift and i got the feeling that a lot of people were giving me "stares" not bad ones, but i could for sure feel it. then at dinner Helena had some friends and i was feeling like one of them might be interested, at least to get to know me! i mean who wouldn't want to get to know some one with a blue coat and flower in her hair. then one of the guys (not the new ones, that would have been nice!) asked me out. so i was feeling pretty hot! like i'm a hot ticket or something!

on my way home my mom called and asked if i could pick her up a diet coke, so i stop at this seven-eleven near my house. the only other person in the place was the clerk. he had to be about 65 plus. as i was checking out, he commented on how pretty my flower was, then asked how much it cost. i told him it was $8 he thought that that was too much, but then i pointed out the coat, he asked how much that one was, i said $4. he was impressed. then he asked "how many years you have?" i was taken off guard for a moment but responded 23, "do you have boyfriend?" (jerk!) umm.... no. (i really hate that question) "oh, you'll get one, you are young, you'll get one! but sometimes people don't. it just happens that way. but you'll get one." well i didn't really know what to say, but i tried to be polite. then he starts to tell me that in his country that there are no boyfriends or girlfriends, people get married at 14-15. but girls are ready for "it" at 13 (spacial emphasise on the it) and then he just lets the cat out of the bag, "i've gone 10 years without sex..."
WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT? really, if you guys have any good comebacks i'd like to know! i responded with, "oh, was your wife in India for that time?" "no, she is really bad to me. she no treat me good. you know single woman?" i was still at a loss, really now what could i have done? so i assured him that if i came across anyone i'd come back here and hook him up, **translation** i'm never coming into this store again, ever.
the thing is as i was relating this tale to my mother, i started to think, "i got a lot of male attention today..." then it hit me, the question that is now burning into my soul.
did i look like a prostitute today? i was modest, but come on? i really am starting to wonder..............
.
.
.
my moms thinks i should have said to him "well... i've gone 23 years with out sex, so beat that."
thanks mom.

2 comments:

  1. I think it sounds like you looked cute in your blue flower and matching jacket. That 7-11 man sounds plain creepy.

    I like your mom's come-back. That gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mom! That is a great comeback! One of the ones that makes me wish that you could go back in time and use it. I would not ever go into that 7 eleven again either if I were you. Is it the one by your house? I want to be able to avoid it. I am sure that you looked stunning in your jacket and flower...wish I could have seen it :)

    ReplyDelete