17.8.09

so i have been without Internet for a few days and it has been killing me... really i think it really has. there have been a few things that i feel i wanted to talk to you guys about, or just tell you about, like i can remember people saying to me "Amanda you should write a blog about this..." but for the life of me i can't remember what these fantastic moments where, just that i HAD to write about them, danit! i hate that!
so i'll just write about what i want to write about.
so i'm moving... i mean i really am moving. it's so real right now that it's starting to freak me out a lot. last Friday i went to lunch with (oh i just remembered one of the things that i "had" to write about. but let me finish this thought and then i'll tell you about that) ... my co-worker at our favorite Thai place. then on Saturday i got my last check and gave Jake my key to the salon. i was feeling a little weird but i couldn't put my finger on what it was. i knew i was coming back on Tuesday to say good bye, clean out my station and get a pedicure so it wasn't that i was sad to say good by just then, i didn't know what my problem was. then when i got in the car i looked in the mirror and realized that i had hives all over my neck and chest. i was freaking out. i get hives when i freak out. that's when i realized that i was unemployed for REAL and that i no longer had a source of income AT ALL and it made me want to scream, run back inside and beg for me job back. i didn't, don't worry. but i am grateful for my run at Jakob Kowley Salon, it's been a good one and i will always love the people that i got to know there. for real.

ok, now the thing that i just "had" to tell you all about. there is this little jazz cafe that is only open in Friday nights in downtown Detroit and for months i've been wanting to go. so i went last Friday. drove with Will and Nate there and we met up with Jen and Jimmy. it was fun. however... i learned a very important lesson that night, and that is... are you ready for it? that just because a man runs up to your car in a lot and tells you where to park doesn't mean he's really the lot attendant and that i should not give him my money because it may just be a jerk duping me out of money. that lesson has been learned and i can now move on with my life. :o) all in all the jazz bar was cool. afterwards we walked about D-town till we found this cool ice cream shop that was a favorite of Jimmys'. we got this thing called, something like "cream delight" and it fed all six of us while we watched old Jackson 5 routines on the shop TV. i also learned that you can only sign the wall of famous people if you really are famous. i know i asked, and apparently i wasn't famous enough. :o( one day i guess! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment