14.10.08

When Tragedy Strikes at Ikea...

so, there are two things that i haven't done since my mission that i really like doing, one is go to Ikea, the other is well basically privet. but... yesterday my mother asked me if i wanted to go to Ikea with her, and i was completely overjoyed to end at least one of the "fast". so i get all fancy and headed off with my mother and one of my sisters Britten. we were all in good spirits as we drove there and enjoyed the fact that the trees were starting to change colors. Clearly this was going to be a good trip.
Ikea, let me just tell you was EVERYTHING i hoped it would be and more! gal! i was in heaven, it made me want to re-do my whole house, and that is an accomplishment, because i don't have a house. we ate lunch together, all getting somthing different then eating each others food! (as it should be) i found the most beautiful dinning set in the world there, that i want. the coolest organizer thingy, that i want. a beautiful orange chair, that i want. some beautiful pots and pans, that i want! and so many cool things that i would just cut off my left arm to have! Because i am right handed and don't really need my left anyway. (side note, i KNOW that i don't NEED any of this stuff, or that i shouldn't "seek for riches and Ikea merchandise", I'm just saying that a girl can dream right?) plus, i was just looking anyway because let's face it, i have no money. But the people at the KIA dealership hand been telling me that i should open a few credit cards to build up my credit, so i applied one at my beloved Ikea!! i was so nervous as i filled out the form, thoughts raced through my head like, "will they want me?" or "am i good enough to have a credit card here?" oh the excitement, oh the anticipations...
but that's when tragedy hit....
the results... less then favorably:o(
so i tried again in Spanish, thinking that i might have missed spelled something or that i didn't understand a question, English is really confusing you know. but...
rejected... rejected by the Swedish reduced priced loving jerks!
Si Senor, they denied me in both languages... dangit. i was turned down by the very people that i adore, my own people if you think about it, because i am Swedish! maybe I've eaten one too many tortillas and they knew it! maybe if i switch back to caviar and cheese they'll forgive me at Ikea and take me back. maybe i rejected them first by falling in love with Mexico. but I've never really done anything with Mexico! Sweden will always be my first... hey who am i kidding, i got rejected big. maybe this is why i have such a fear of rejection, I'm always rejected when i really want it. oh... man, this makes me think that i won't have any luck on that second thing either...
but in the end it's all ok, i bought a desk! yes!!! it's my new: i don't need a credit card, i don't need Ikea "desk desk"
it's beautiful, i got it from Ikea!!
So the lesson to be learned is this, always look for the silver lining! and ya know, JCPennys has been look'in real good lately... grrrrr!

thanks Nicole they ARE amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-mqhkuOF7s

No comments:

Post a Comment